4/4/11

Evangelion 1.111 + 2.222 = A Loving Touch

I have quite honestly fallen behind my days of past of anime filled watching days. However, I just recently watched both the "remake" of a four part movie series tell of Evangelion and it had magically sparked the inner love of anime once again... and as I am typing this, gathering quite a large collection of anime together.

Eva 1 was a bit more of true to the series vs Eva 2 in which was just plain awesome and showed off some wonderful "edits" and badass fight scenes. Plus, Eva 2 also allowed me to appreciate Shinji in a different light amongst other characters. Eva 1 was good - however, Eva 2 kicks the remake into turbo gear and had me wanting more. The timing of each scene and overall pace of the movies so far is just perfect.

The movie was beautiful to watch and character development was done masterfully... The only negative I have regarding this "re-visioning" (which I prefer vs...) of the original is having to wait for the last two movies to be released for me to consume. All in all, I give this some way serious kudos and thanks for reminding me how much I enjoy a good animated storytelling. ^_-

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely gonna have to check this out for nostalgic purposes! The last anime movie I watched was the cowboy beebop movie, fairly dissapointing given the wide range of stories they could have conjured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never really into Cowboy Beebop. Check out some animes like: Gurren Lagann and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED...

    ReplyDelete